Wetland Cards – Information and tips on wetland nature and how to help it – Hydrology LIFE
Peatlands, streams, coastal meadows and lakes – all kinds of wetlands should be maintained, as they are needed by many plants and animals. For humans, wetlands mean clean water, berry fields and diverse hiking destinations.
Wetland cards give tips on how we all can help the wetland and get joy and benefit for ourselves.
- Wetland card 1 Excessive water from forest to peatland
- Wetland card 2 Grazing animals help coastal meadows
- Wetland card 3 Help nature in the Wetland Game
- Wetland card 4 Peatland biodiversity benefits many
- Wetland card 5 Return brooks to the fish and anglers
Wetland cards have been produced as part of the Hydrology LIFE project, which will safeguard peatlands and other wetlands at 100 sites throughout Finland in 2017-2023.
The project has received funding from the LIFE Programme of the European Union. The material reflects the views by the authors, and the European Commission or the CINEA is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.